We research senior laboratory technician, he will be responsible for the reworking, repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment, as well as platforms.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and improving the functionality of the customers' platform and/or the processes related to these platforms, working in collaboration with area engineers. The user will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the tools, planning and performing preventive maintenance on the assigned tools and using the mechanical, electronic and PC/software capabilities to solve problems related to rework equipment. The candidate must be able to provide assistance for the re-elaboration of the equipment installations in the laboratory area, have systematic problem-solving skills and problem-solving, quality of workmanship and complete documentation of all maintenance. You will interact daily with internal stakeholders to maintain alignment on quality and reliability issues and are responsible for quality and reliability metrics in the rework area.
- Punctual delivery of reworked platform of high quality and reliability.
- Have weekly reviews and deliver reports to internal stakeholders.
- Help identify proactive initiatives, new rework tools and welding/de-welding processes
- Responsible for internal stakeholder requirements.
Provide control support Expertise Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Knowledge of AC / DC circuits, including: fundamentals of electricity and basic electronic components and circuits
- A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand and solve the problems of mechanical systems.
- A strong aptitude for soldering with the ability to understand and apply PCB soldering / de-soldering on the right temperature profile.
- The ability to use schematic diagrams to solve component level problems.
- Electrical / visual inspection of system skills
system on / off control, visual inspection
- checks whether the insufficient filling process has been implemented and how close the passive components are to the BGA
- recover the BGA technical sheet
- recover the BGA symbolization
Welding, de-welding and re-balling skills
- identify the best desoldering / welding temperature. profile
- select the appropriate rework equipment
- apply the rework temperature. profile to remove BGA
- apply the re-balling process to recover the BGA contact balls.
Final test skills
- perform the parametric test to confirm the BGA electrical functionality
- system on / off control
- interface with the internal customer to successfully confirm the reworking process.
- Martin Expert (or equivalent) hybrid IR/hot air heating system for automatic alignment of the BGA process
- Jovy RE-7500 air heating system (or equivalent) to easily remove the BGA near passive components
- Infrared heating system WDS-700 (or equivalent) to easily remove BGA with automatic alignment of the BGA process
- CNC grinding machine 3040Z-DQ-S001 (or equivalent) lapping BGA or motherboard in case of insufficient filling.
- Basic skills on the PC including MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint • Proven ability to solve basic problems and address root causes
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability in multi-tasking projects and enjoy working in a high speed environment • Basic skills for data extraction, analysis and reporting
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- The ability to be flexible with job responsibilities and take the initiative to take on additional responsibilities
- Teamwork skills successfully demonstrated with a strong focus on effective team dynamics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible to work on any shift and rotate shifts as needed Education
- Scientific high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Fluent English (spoken, reading and writing) and willingness to travel frequently are required;
- More than 5 years of experience in the PCB reworking process
- Familiarity with basic semiconductor processing, device physics, the fundamentals of quality reliability.